Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Consciousness exercise

Ever wish your brain was like a computer hard drive, and you could simply delete all the extraneous files that are taking up too much space and slowing down your operating system?  Today, as I lay down for my second nap, I closed my eyes and imagined searching my brain for keywords that have been interfering with my daily life: names of former employers, colleagues, previous failures, prior mistakes.  Each keyword brought up a list of files and imaginary button marked "Delete all." I pressed it. "Are you sure you want to delete these files? Yes/No" After a moment of hesitation, I clicked "yes," which was followed by the sound of breaking glass.  The dark room grew immediately brighter, my spirit significantly lighter.

Now all that's left is the defragmenting and a hard reset!




No comments:

Post a Comment